Thursday, September 6, 2007

how I spent my summer vacation


Hi, yes I am still alive... It has been forever since I have written anything which is totally embarrassing.
I am going to start this post out like the dreaded "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" reports we all loved from grade school.
This will take a few posts because there was just so much going on!
First came the New York trip in June and what an absolute blast that was. The weather was beautiful, most of the time, except on the day of the big 100 year celebration when it rained the ENTIRE day not a huge storm but just rain all day - see photo for the beautiful weather. We had a tent set up and a band, and everything and the show went on - rain or shine. The band was called Nic and the Nice Guys and they were a very fun band. In retrospect, I don't think the party would have been near as much fun if the weather had been sunny and beautiful. It was just so typical of Rochester rain and it was so funny to be dancing in the rain with wet hair and muddy feet. I am not a dancer at all but I was out there on the dance floor with the rest of my family all dancing our hearts out. It was so fun to be there with dear friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and even my mom.
Stay tuned for part 2 which will be posted tomorrow, with any luck at all.
Thanks to all for being SO patient with me :)

mary

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Hey Neighbor!

Can't wait for more stories and of course to see you in person! Sounds like you had a busy summer, love the shot with the boats. It looks so cool.

from little acorns said...

Welcome back Mary! I knew you were there. . . with the occasional comment. . . but it's just so nice to hear what you've been up to! I think dancing in the rain sounds like fun!!! Can't wait to hear more!