Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Photo, a Contest and a Debut (oh my...)


Ok, ok, so I have to get up in the middle of the darn night to catch my 6:55 am flight to Houston tomorrow and I'm up cleaning and packing like a mad woman... hope to be in bed before 11:30.

But before I leave, I wanted to post a very cool photo of my new quilts that I took over the weekend. I would have liked to get the shot straight on, but that would have required me to wade into the creek and I had my good sneakers on... I really love this bridge and have been dying to photo all my quilts there for some time.

I also wanted to announce another contest. Leave me a comment while I am at market, I will pick 2 random commenters and send them both a packet of my new patterns (yes folks, that's 6 brand spankin' new patterns from yours truly).

I also wanted to tell you all about a very cool new product I will be debuting at market called "Chatter Blocks" I am very excited about them! We came up with this idea LAST SUNDAY NIGHT and I have made 102 of them to take to market for their cool debut. I think they are just the cutest things ever!

Well, I am off to iron a couple of shirts then vacuum (yuck).

I'll post photos of market when I get back. I am very excited to see all of my friends!

Have a great weekend - I know I will!!
Mary

17 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow...I'm the first to comment! Love your quilts on the bridge--what an amazing photo! And I can't wait to see the new patterns (and possibly win one)! Hope you have a terrific time at market!

Kathie said...

thats an awesome picture of your new quilts.
Oh can't wait to hear about your new product and houston of course!
Lots of pictures hopefully too!
Kathie

Simply This and That said...

Beautiful quilts! Awesome Bridge! Can't wait to see what the chatter blocks are. ;o) Have a GREAT time at Market! ooxx`jodi

julia said...

Hi Mary,
wow, what a gorgeous location to hang your beautiful quilts to showcase...!
Wasn't you afraid that the quilts could fall into the creek?
Have fun at the market!!
Hugs, Julia

Jana said...

Love, love, love seeing your quilts on the bridge! Just gorgeous! Have fun at market!

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Love the picture of your quilts hanging on the bridge! Also, looking forward to seeing what the chatter blocks are...

Gayle said...

Hope you have a TON of fun at Market - can't wait to hear all about it. Please enter me in your drawing, and be sure to tell us more about the chatter blocks!

Amy @ Park City Girl said...

Love all your quilts up there on the bridge! Great shot :)

Ginny Worden said...

Wow, I hope Market was all you hoped for. Love the picture of the quilts on the bridge. I guess that's why I am a good consumer, I would never think to do that, but I am so glad you did. Keeping my fingers crossed ( perhaps that is why I can't type very well.)

Annelies Dease said...

Oh I can't wait to hear about Market....and the chance to win your patterns is divine!!!! Safe journey and thanks for sharing all of your talent with us. XXX Annelies

Sandy K. said...

Love the quilts on the bridge...neat idea.
Count me in for the new patterns....skalmeyer@neo.rr.com

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I really like the bridge for displaying the photos. The quilts are so beautiful

Lynn S said...

Market sounds so fun! I was able to go to Houston for the public showing. My feet are still trying to recover!! Your quilts are wonderful!

Mar said...

I'm probably too late for the draw, but I'm oh so curious about the chatter blocks! Can't wait to see!

Vickie E said...

Great quilts..I just found your blog through Bunny Hill...glad I did. p.s. my daughter was 'sarah palin' for halloween!

Anonymous said...

I love to find new blogs....I came here from Bunny Hill and want to say your quilts on the bridge look so beautiful. Can't wait to see your new patterns. Best regards ...Gail from Washington State

jan said...

I saw your picture and blog mentioned on Bunny Hill. Beautiful quilt patterns. Thanks for giving so generously.